- Western Australia
- 10 to 14 June 2024
- Exclusive Journeys (EJ)
10 to 14 June 2024
Price from $3050 pp Twin Share and from $3370 Solo
Wow, the magnificent Manjimup region really opened my eyes the the delights of this corner of WA. The farmers and producers that we met blew us away with their knowledge, passion and commitment to developing sustainable food production. Their enthusiasm is contagious, and we enjoyed some fabulous meals prepared with the produce of the region. A huge thank you to Annette and Peter for putting together such a fabulous tour.- Jennifer
Embark on an unparalleled culinary journey unlike any other. Delve into a truly unique, tailor-made experience that celebrates the essence of authenticity. Nestled within the pristine Southern Forests agricultural region lies a haven where the most delectable fruits, nuts, and vegetables flourish. Here, modern farming techniques intertwine seamlessly with time-honored wisdom, cultivating awe-inspiring results in harmony with the land. While farmers remain industrious, they warmly extend invitations for exclusive tours, generously welcoming guests onto their properties.
The encounter is a mutual delight: these dedicated men and women exude a wealth of knowledge and a sincere passion for their craft. As much as we relish introducing them to our groups, they equally revel in meeting you.
This is an opportunity to directly connect with these primary producers and gain insight into the origins of food and the labour behind its journey to your plate.
This will be the fourth season for our Truffles & Other Hidden Gems of the Southern Forests and it sure is a game changer!
- Subject to a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 12 participants only.
- Final payment is due within 7 days of confirmation
- Subject to availability and subject to change without notice
- Prices and itinerary are subject to change
- Cancellation and Amendment fees will apply and can be up to 100%
- Please ask your Travel with Me consultant for a competitive Travel Insurance quote
Our Hidden Gems adventure will embody all that is great about this season including:
- Touring through the beautiful forest regions.
- Learn some of the histories of the area, visit some historical sites and gain an appreciation of how multi-cultural components have moulded the region into what we now experience.
- Visiting farms and grasping the agricultural importance of the Region.
- Meet the characters who produce the food. Sample their delicacies and pick some up for your evening meal.
- Meet the chefs who are preparing your exclusive dinners and they will excite you with the use of local produce.
- Visit three different wineries where the owner will tell their story, have you taste their wines, and even advise, you on what they believe, will be your best accompanying wine for your meal.
- Engage all of your senses
I would definitely recommend this Journey (Truffles & Other Hidden Gems of the Southern Forests) because it is so unusual to the normal expected tour. It is the personal touch to each activity and lots of passion from the people that we met. – Alan
$3050 pp Twin Share and $3370 SOLO
I have never experienced anything like this tour it felt so personal Meeting all the Farmers, the Chefs, the wine experts and everyone else Pete our tour guide introduced us to and being drawn into their stories and their passion for what they do All Local Gems of the South West. Tasting all the amazing top quality food and wine ( and there is plenty of both ) was an added bonus . So Thank you Annette for organising this for us and thank you to Pete for taking us on this Magical journey , Thanks Mate – June
- Truffle hunt with expert Trufflers, Gidgee and Max
- A very unique dinner by the Peos family, farmers and winemakers in Manjimup for more than 90 years.
- Exclusive 6 course Truffle dining experience with Chef Joe Ditri
- Exclusive Farm Visits
- A unique truffle product and wine pairing experience at Truffle Hill
- Private dinner at Silkwood Estate with Truffle Workshop
- Meet the gorgeous chics at Three Ryans Farm