4 Nov to 8 Nov 2024 – Escorted by Annette Escorted by Peter Casonato
Price from $2962 pp Twin Share and from $3274 Solo
Apart from the total fabulous experience I was most impressed with the opportunity to see and hear the growers and producers stories about their journey to establishing their businesses. Then sitting down each night to savour the produce prepared and presented by chefs who anywhere else would be awarded a HAT or two.
The food was extraordinary but for me starting at the source was at the top of the list.
The variety of sources was most impressive – Frank
We are very excited to present our second in a series of Experiential Journeys in the Southern Forests Region. If you have already experienced our first one (Truffles & Other Hidden Gems) then you already know you are in for something truly special.
Once again we have arranged complimentary coach transfers, this time from Mandurah Station down to Pemberton, where we will be basing ourselves for the 5 days, and that’s where the similarities end, other than using our favorite chefs showcasing their talents for the new season. This new Spring Blossoms will uncover new hidden gems in this region, demonstrating the diversity and the quality of the produce in the Southern Forests. Meet the producers, hear their stories, and understand their passion for what they produce.
This time of the year is especially beautiful, not only with the incredible wildflowers, but as a major fruit-growing area, we can expect to see some flowering blossom trees like cherry plums, pears, cherries, flowering peaches, and more. If you thought Manjimup/Pemberton and the Southern Forests were stunning before, just wait until you see them in Spring Time!
Special highlights for our Spring Blossoms include an exclusive tour through Bannister Downs Dairy where you can watch the cows bring themselves into this incredible, state of the art facility, The Creamery, when they want to be milked. We will then use this award wining milk in a unique cheese-making workshop at Lost Lake Winery.
- Valid for departure 4 Nov 2024
- Subject to a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 14 participants
- A deposit of $300 is required within 7 days of confirmation
- Final payment is due 45 Days prior to departure
- Subject to availability and subject to change without notice
- Cancellation and Amendment fees will apply and can be up to 100%
- Please ask your Travel with Me consultant for a competitive Travel Insurance quote
I highly recommend Spring Gems of the Southern Forests, great new experiences, well looked after and fabulous food, can sit back and enjoy fabulous countryside and go to places/ speak to people you wouldn’t be able to if by yourself – Michelle
- A private visit and tour at Bannister Downs Dairy
- A unique cheese Workshop at Lost Lake Winery
- Dinner at Woodgate Winery cellar door with Wine Maker, Mark Aitken. Dinner fully catered for by Chef Joe Ditri
- A Pizza night out at Peos Estate with the Peos Family
- A guided walk through the Understory Art & Nature Trail in Northcliffe
- A visit to an organic Tea Plantation, one of Southern Forests newest Gems.
- Touring through the beautiful forest regions where the wildflowers add that extra special color pop and aroma.
- Visiting farms and grasping the agricultural importance of the Region.
- Meet the characters who produce the food. Sample their delicacies and pick some up for your evening meal.
- Meet the chefs who are preparing your exclusive dinners and they will excite you on the use of local produce.
- Engage all of your senses
- Private farewell dinner prepared by well known local chef, Joe Ditri. A 6 course degustation featuring the produce we have learned about during the week