Exploring Matera’s ancient cave dwellings that date back millennia. Sipping a glass of local red wine in Altomonte surrounded by beautiful churches. Being wowed by the beauty of Mount Etna, as plumes of smoke drift above the lava-sculpted landscape below.
This 11-day trip is southern Italy and Sicily in shades of sepia. Travelling through Puglia and Calabria with a ferry crossing over to Sicily, explore the sun-warmed piazzas and palazzi of cobbled hilltop towns, wander ancient amphitheaters, and unearth architectural treasures – such as the 10,000-year-old ‘sassi’ cave dwellings of Matera and the kiln-shaped stone ‘trulli’ of Alberobello. Then top off our trip with a ‘The Godfather’ Sicilian village and a walk beneath the summit of restless Mount Etna – the highest active volcano in Europe.
This is Solo Traveller dedicated Departure
Dates – 11 to 21 October 2024
Price from $5966 for Solo Occupancy throughout
- Based on departure 11 October 2024
- A deposit of $600 is required within 7 days of booking
- Finals are due 20 July 2024
- Prices and Itinerary are subject to availability and subject to change without notice
- Amendment and cancellation fees will apply both from the Supplier and Travel with Me
- Cancellations prior to final payment will incur loss of deposit and after final payment, Cancellation fees will be charged on a sliding scale up to 100%
- Please ask your Travel with Me, Consultant, for a competitive Travel Insurance quote as insurance is compulsory on all Travel with Me Exclusive and Private Journeys
- Please ensure you have a current passport with a minimum of 6 months validity beyond the return date of your journey.
- Flights are not included
- Tour operated and Escorted by Titan Travel
Tour highlights - 10 Excursions & Visits
- Excursion to Alberobello, Martina Franca and Ostuni
- Excursion to Lecce with local guide (including cathedral and aristocratic mansion for aperitivo)
- Guided visit to the caves at Matera
- Orientation walk in Altomonte
- Visit to the Archaeology Museum in Reggio Calabria
- Visit to Savoca
- Guided excursions to the slope's of Mount Etna (including wine tasting) and Taormina (including Greek theatre)