Who knew that Australia’s biggest rock is not in fact Uluru? Instead, it is Western Australia that lays claim to having the largest rock in the world. Mount Augustus is one of the true wonders of Australia and the largest rock on the planet. The local Wajarri Aboriginal people called the mountain “Burringurrah”. Walga Rock is a giant monolith, where you can see the largest gallery of Aboriginal rock paintings in Western Australia.
Join Caseys Tours and Travel with Me on this 5-day adventure like no other!
10 Spots held for our Travel with Me Members
With over 45 years of touring experience, they have the knowledge to host exciting, comfortable and safe tours throughout Australia. Casey Tours utilise their own vehicles and a team of drivers and hosts employed by Casey Tours. They coordinate all accommodation, attractions and meals directly, the team takes responsibility for all aspects of our passenger’s touring experience.
(MD, Basic Motel) North out of Perth to New Norcia for a morning tea break. On via Dalwallinu and Wubin along the Great Northern Highway to Paynes Find where we have a break, then move on to the Gold Mining Towns of Mount Magnet and Cue.
(CB, PL, CAD, Cabin) Cue is a well-restored historic Murchison town. On to Meekatharra. We leave the bitumen travelling to Mount Gould police station, built in the late 1800s to police Aboriginals who were killing settlers’ stock. Picnic lunch, before a visit to Landor Station, famous for its bush race meeting. Arriving at Mount Augustus Station our home for two nights.
(CAB, PL, CAD, Cabin) At Mt. Augustus we enjoy a tour including Edney Spring and Flintstone Rock. Later a visit to Cattle Pool on the nearby Lyons River for a walk under the river gums while while looking back on the sheer northern face of the majestic mount. After lunch, it is an opportunity to rest and relax in this outback oasis.
(CAB, PD, Basic Motel) Turning south we cross the Gascoyne and Murchinson Rivers and return to Cue. In the afternoon we visit Walga Rock, a monolith which is 5 km around the base and 1.5 km long, the second largest in Australia. We have a bush BBQ and return to Cue.
(CB) On to Yalgoo and a visit to Jokers Tunnel (a mining drive through a hill from one side to the other). Then on to the diagonal road to Morawa for lunch. Through the rural scenery to Perth
Adult: $1650 Twin Share
Senior: $1590 Twin Share
Single Supplement: $280
- Driver and luxury coach transportation
- Walga Rock
- Sunset BBQ
- Jokers Tunnel
- Landor Race Track
- 2 Nights at Mount Augustus
- Accommodation – Basic Motel/Cabin Style
- 4 Evening Meals, 4 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches
- Valid for departure 09 July 2021
- Limited Solo rooms available, will be based on first in.
- Deposit of $350 due within 7 days of booking
- Deposit is non refundable
- Final payment due 60 days prior to departure
- Amendment and cancellation fees will apply
- Subject to availability and subject to change without notice
- UPDATED JAN 2021
The Firm reserves the right without previous notice to the passenger to cancel or withdraw any tour and in such event, the full sum paid by the passenger shall be returned to the passenger and upon tendering the same all liability of the firm to the passenger shall cease.
SPECIAL COVID CANCELLATION RULES:
Under the following situations you will be offered a full refund of your fare;
• You or your travelling companion are unable to join your planned departure due to a government travel ban or government directed border closure related to cross area, border, region or territory travel.
• You or your travelling companion are unable to join your planned departure due to mandatory quarantine or self-isolation requirements related to cross area, border, region or territory travel imposed on you.
• You or your travelling companion are diagnosed with coronavirus and you have to your cancel your trip.
• You or your travelling companion are permanently employed as a healthcare worker, residential care worker or law enforcement officer, and your or their pre-approved leave is cancelled by the employer due to coronavirus.
- UPDATED JAN 2021