Who knew that Australia’s biggest rock is not in fact Uluru? Instead, it is Western Australia that lays claim to having the largest rock in the world. Mount Augustus is one of the true wonders of Australia and the largest rock on the planet. The local Wajarri Aboriginal people called the mountain “Burringurrah”. Walga Rock is a giant monolith, where you can see the largest gallery of Aboriginal rock paintings in Western Australia.
Join Caseys Tours and Travel with Me on this 8-day adventure like no other!
With over 45 years of touring experience, they have the knowledge to host exciting, comfortable and safe tours throughout Australia. Casey Tours utilise their own vehicles and a team of drivers and hosts employed by Casey Tours. They coordinate all accommodation, attractions and meals directly, the team takes responsibility for all aspects of our passenger’s touring experience.
(MD, Basic Motel) North out of Perth to New Norcia for a morning tea break. On via Dalwallinu and Wubin along the Great Northern Highway to Paynes Find where we have a break, then move onto the Gold Mining Towns of Mt Magnet and Cue, The Queen of The Murchison
(CB, PL, CAD, Cabin) Cue is a well restored historic Murchison town. On to Meekatharra. We leave the bitumen travelling to Mount Gould Police Station, built in the late 1800’s to police Aboriginals who were killing settlers’ stock. Picnic lunch, then Landor Station, famous for its October bush race meeting. On to Mount Augustus Station.
(CAB, PL, CAD, Cabin) At Mount Augustus we enjoy a tour including Edney Spring and Flintstone Rock. Later a visit to Cattle Pool on the nearby Lyons River for a walk under the river gums while looking back on the sheer northern face of the majestic mount. After lunch it is an opportunity to rest and relax in this outback oasis.
(CAB, PL, MD, Motel) Heading north west from Mount Augustus we travel past Cobra Station and out to the North West Coastal Highway to Cape Range National Park and the spectacular scenery of Charles Knife Road, where oil was first found in Western Australia in the 1950’s.
(FB, MD, Motel) Exmouth is growing rapidly with its lovely year round weather and great recreation activities. It is the centre for the Navy North West Cape Base. We travel to the head of the Gulf then down to Coral Bay. Enjoy a glass bottom boat cruise on Coral Bay to view the beautiful coral of Ningaloo Reef. In the afternoon to our accommodation at Carnarvon. Note: Boat Cruise included.
(FB, PD, Motel) We visit the Babbage Island Jetty and the Fishing Harbour, then up to the Carnarvon Space and Technology Museum to learn about the role of this dish in the 1969 Apollo 11 moon landing. Travel through the old North West sheep station country, where so many over the last 140 years have battled drought and great floods. Further south we stop at Overlander Roadhouse then to Kalbarri for two nights.
(CB, PD, Motel) To Kalbarri National Park and the new Skywalk, perched right on the clifftop, two 100-metre-high lookouts projecting 25 and 17 metres beyond the rim of the Murchison Gorge. Also visit the stunning gorges of Z Bend & Natures Window. Lunch in Kalbarri at the mouth of the Murchison River. In the afternoon we explore the coastal gorges and bluffs. Note: National Park entry included.
(CB) To Geraldton, via the coastal road past Hutt Lagoon on to the former convict station of Lynton, then to Northampton for morning tea and Geraldton for lunch. We visit the breathtaking HMAS Sydney Memorial. Afternoon return to Perth along the Indian Ocean Drive.
Adult: $2750 Twin Share
Senior: $2690 Twin Share
Single Supplement: $560
- Coral Bay Glass Bottom Boat Cruise
- Landor Race Track
- Carnarvon Space Museum
- Kalbarri National Park
- 2 Nights at Mount Augustus
- Murchison River Gorges
- Kalbarri Skywalk
- HMAS Sydney Memorial in Geraldton
- Motel Accommodation
- 7 evening meals, 7 breakfasts, 3 lunches.
- Valid for departure 28 Sept 2021
- Limited Solo and Ensuite rooms available, will be based on first in.
- Deposit of $350 due within 7 days of booking
- Deposit is non refundable
- Final payment due 60 days prior to departure
- Amendment and cancellation fees will apply
- Subject to availability and subject to change without notice
- UPDATED JAN 2021
The Firm reserves the right without previous notice to the passenger to cancel or withdraw any tour and in such event, the full sum paid by the passenger shall be returned to the passenger and upon tendering the same all liability of the firm to the passenger shall cease.SPECIAL COVID CANCELLATION RULES:
Under the following situations you will be offered a full refund of your fare;
• You or your travelling companion are unable to join your planned departure due to a government travel ban or government directed border closure related to cross area, border, region or territory travel.
• You or your travelling companion are unable to join your planned departure due to mandatory quarantine or self-isolation requirements related to cross area, border, region or territory travel imposed on you.
• You or your travelling companion are diagnosed with coronavirus and you have to your cancel your trip.
• You or your travelling companion are permanently employed as a healthcare worker, residential care worker or law enforcement officer, and your or their pre-approved leave is cancelled by the employer due to coronavirus.
- UPDATED JAN 2021