This Private group originally booked for July 2020 has been moved to July 2021
We have set up a private group for this incredible journey from Beijing to St Petersburg with our well known partners, G Adventures.This iconic rail adventure will take you from Beijing in China, through Mongolia, through Siberia and into Russia over 3 adventurous weeks. Maximum of 16 only on this departure so be quick, our expressions of interest list is a lot longer than 16.
From bustling Beijing to the Hermitage in St Petersburg, travel halfway around the world in three incredible weeks. Board one of the world’s great trains and ride the rails on this once-in-a-lifetime trip across the grassy steppes of Mongolia and through the taiga forests of Siberia. Share train carriages with locals and spend nights in a Mongolian ger and a cozy Russian guesthouse. Not only does this trip provide the perfect blend of comfortable accommodations and plenty of activities, but also free time to explore this fascinating region at your own pace.
Price from $5679 pp Twin Share and from $6598 Solo
(Limited Solo places available and all overnight Train Journeys and Ger Tent will be in Quad Share)
- Naadam Festival ceremonies entrance
- Your Local Living Moment: Traditional Ger Stay, Gorkhi Terelj National Park
- China-Mongolia Railway
- Ulaanbaatar guided city tour including Gandan Monastery and Bogd Khan Palace
- Trans-Mongolian Railway
- Irkutsk city tour
- Lake Baikal stay (Listvyanka)
- Trans-Siberian Railway
- Yekaterinburg walking tour
- Trans-Ural Railway
- Red Square visit and Moscow metro orientation tour
- Kremlin and Armoury guided tour
- St Petersburg walking tour
- Hermitage Museum entrance
- Local meal suggestions and language and border-crossing support throughout
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Based on departure 6 to 26 July 2021
- Price is based on Twin Share
- Price is based on a minimum of 10
- Cost of Visas are not included
- Prices are subject to change at any time and will be adjusted in line with any currency changes
- Deposit of $500 is required within 7 days of booking
- Final payment due 30 April 2021
- Subject to availability and subject to change without notice
- Please ask your Travel with Me consultant for a competitive Travel Insurance quote as insurance is compulsory for this tour.
Hotels/guesthouses (13 nts), sleeper trains (5 nts), Mongolian ger (2 nts).
9 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 3 dinners
Allow USD590-770 for meals not included.
Train, private bus, metro, walking.
Staff & experts
Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, local guides.
Is this tour for me?
Travel Style: Rail
Get closer to the big cities, isolated communities, and stunning landscapes of the world’s greatest destinations via train-based adventures on iconic rail routes.
Service Level: Standard
Comfortable tourist-class accommodations with character; mix of public and private transport.
Physical Rating: 2 – Light
Light walking and hiking suitable for most fitness levels. Nothing too challenging.
Trip Type: Small Group
Small group experience; Max 16, avg 12
Countries visited during this trip have special visa requirements applicable to many nationalities. Ask your consultant for details.