Departs 04 June 20217
7 Days – Ex Perth
We have had interest from members for a simpler backpacking style of trip. This is certainly a very popular choice due to the beautiful inclusions of WA’s stunning nature and because of the incredible price! While this fabulous tour will be suited to many, it may not appeal to all, particularly if you are looking for a certain level of comfort and/or private facilities.
This tour is aimed at the very young at heart, who are up for an adventure and who doesn’t care too much about their nightly digs. It is aimed at the backpacker market, staying in backpackers and youth hostels, and in some cases, sharing bathrooms. As there are no real international back backers these days (a big market for this trip) and as we are having a private departure, there is no need to worry about it being just for the “youngies”. If you are up for an adventure and not too fussed about the comfort level then this trip will be an awesome experience!
- Wonder at the limestone outcrops of The Pinnacles
- Explore the stunning gorges of Kalbarri National Park
- Meet Monkey Mia’s friendly resident dolphins
- Discover the underwater world of the Ningaloo Reef
- Opportunity to snorkel with Manta Rays or swim with Whalesharks (optional / seasonal)
- Relax and unwind at postcard worthy Turquoise Bay
- Guided tour of Cape Range National Park
- Walk a beach made entirely of tiny shells
- 6 nights accommodation (see table below)
- 6 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 6 dinners (basic meals)
- Australian wildlife sightings, in the wild!
- Guided bush walks* (*approx 9km in total)
- All National Park entry fees
- Air-conditioned small group minibus travel
- Complementrey pick up & drop off service
- Expert tour guide & leader for 7 days
- Any meals not indicated
- Personal expenses
- Option activities
|Basic Dormitory||$ 1,345|
|Standard Double / Twin||$ 1,840|
Day 1 – Perth to Kalbarri
Kick off your adventure with a guided tour through the Pinnacles Desert before enjoying lunch by the sea then journey up Indian Ocean Drive for some stunning coastal views. After a quick stop in Geraldton and if time permits a visit to pink lake (seasonal, not guaranteed) then it’s on to the seaside town of Kalbarri for our overnight accommodation.
Meals: Lunch & dinner
Accom: Kalbarri Backpackers YHA or Pelicans Nest Kalbarri
Driving Distance: 575km
Hike Distance: 2km
Day 2 – Kalbarri to Monkey Mia
Visit the marvels of The Murchison Gorge, Nature’s Window and Z-Bend in Kalbarri National Park where water has carved its way through sandstone. Here you have the option to try abseiling (additional cost). Witness bright pops
of colour here during wildflower season (spring). Enjoy a great photo opportunity at Nature’s Window before strolling a beach made entirely of tiny shells. Then it’s on to Denham for our accommodation by the beach.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Accom: RAC Monkey Mia Resort Budget & Backpacker Options: Kalbarri Abseiling Z-Bend (see table below) Driving Distance: 450km
Hike Distance: 4km
Day 3 – Monkey Mia to Coral Bay
This morning meet the famous Monkey Mia Dolphins and get some amazing photos. Enjoy chill out time on the beach here or enjoy a coffee at the restaurant before we get back on the road mid-morning. We’ll visit the fascinating rock formations, the Stromatolites, before settling into our accommodation in Coral Bay, located right on the famous Ningaloo Reef.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Accom: Ningaloo Coral Bay Backpackers Driving Distance: 580km
Hike Distance: 2km
Day 4 – Coral Bay to Exmouth
You’ll have most of the day to explore the Ningaloo Reef at your own leisure. Choose to join a boat tour or enjoy free time to experience the beautiful beaches Coral Bay has to offer. Go for a stroll on the beach and check out the shark nursery, swim with the manta rays (additional cost) or go for a snorkel on the Ningaloo Reef only metres from shore. This evening we take the short drive up the peninsula to Exmouth and check into our accommodation for two nights in the town centre.
Meals: Breakfast, lunch & dinner
Accom: Potshot Hotel & Resort – Backpackers
Options: Swim with Manta Rays, Snorkel Ningaloo Reef (see table below)
Driving Distance: 155km
Day 5 – Exmouth
Today we explore Cape Range National Park, a spectacular place of rugged limestone ranges, breathtaking deep canyons and 50km of pristine beaches. Relax on the beach or choose to go snorkelling at the stunning Turquoise Bay, visit Vlamingh Head Lighthouse, relax at Milyering Visitors Center and more before finishing the tour in the late afternoon. Or choose to join a whale shark or humpback whale snorkel tour and spend the day meeting some of the Ningaloo Reef’s most famous visitors (own expense and seasonal).
Meals: Breakfast, lunch & dinner
Accom: Potshot Hotel & Resort – Backpackers Options: Whaleshark Swim (see table below)
Driving Distance: 135km
Hike Distance: 1km
Day 6 – Exmouth to Northampton
Visit the town of Carnarvon and one of the local banana or mango plantations (seasonal) and stay overnight at our accommodation on an Australian wheat farm.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Accom: Northbrook Farm Stay Driving Distance: 785km
Day 7 – Northampton to Perth
Take a walk along the 3 bay walk at Green Head before wandering amongst the sand dunes of Lancelin. If you’re feeling adventurous, try out sandboarding for a bit of fun! Return to Perth late afternoon. Take in the last views of the scenic countryside before making our way back towards Perth. We’ll stop along the way to walk among the incredible Lancelin dunes. Then kick back and relax on the bus for the last stretch to Perth, with drop off starting around 5:00pm
Driving Distance: 465km
Deposit is $200 within 7 days of booking
Payment of the balance of the trip is due 10th March 2021. If the balance is not paid on or before this due date, we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled and any deposit paid will be held as credit. Any credit resulting from a cancellation does not have an expiry date, and is transferable to other trips offered by GLT and not redeemable for cash. Accommodation upgrades are limited and subject to availability, we can not book and confirm upgrades until full payment has been received.
Cancellation by the traveller
- unlimited free date changes available up until 30-days prior to departure; or
- failure to board on tour will result in full fare forfeiture of the ticket price; or
- 30-days or more prior to departure,
- we will hold deposit amount paid by you as credit and refund the remaining balance paid by you
in connection to your booking less any unrecoverable costs; or
- 29 days or fewer prior to departure:
- we will hold 100% of monies paid by you as credit, valid for redemption within 2 years from date of purchase
- any credit resulting from a cancellation may be applied towards any other tour operated by GLT within Australia; or
- if the cancellation prior to departure due to you having COVID-19/ “flu-like symptoms”, supported by a medical certificate, we will refund 100% of monies paid by you either directly or via your booking
Love the itinerary but looking for a little extra comfort? Click here for our slower paced and upgraded accommodation