Travel with Me has gotten together with local tour company Luxury Outback Tours to offer you an amazing wildflower experience!
The wildflower collection in Western Australia is one of the largest on Earth. With more than 12,000 species, over 60% of which are found nowhere else on Earth, they colour the landscapes from coast to forest and city to outback. This is not your typical large scale tour, Luxury Outback Tours was formed in 2000 by Sylvia Mills with a passion to show visitors Western Australia in a personalised small group environment in luxury 4WD vehicles. This is Western Australia’s Ultimate Bespoke Small Group Adventures.
One Amazing Tour – Two Departures
This will be a private tour run by Luxury Outback tours
Fully inclusive 4 Day OUTBACK AND STATION EVERLASTING DAISIES WILDFLOWER TOUR 2020
Departing on 23 and 28 August 2020
Only 4 persons per tour
Come and see the early season wildflowers of Western Australia. This is an exciting flora and regional tour to see places of Western Australia you normally would not visit.
See the first of the floral gossamer mantle enveloping across Western Australia
This tour not only highlights flora hotspots but areas that have remnant heath land, woodland of varying descriptions.
The added bonus you meet people who are the custodians of such unique places or have set apart areas to specialise in unique species to protect and to share their love of Western Australia’s Natural Heritage – our wildflowers.
Day One: Hi Vallee Farm, Lesueur National Park, Dongara
This morning we visit Don and Joy Williams of Hi Vallee Farm at Badgingarra near Mount Lesueur and Eneabba.
Don and Joy run wildflower tours on their very rich and diverse private national park for over 25 years. On their working sheep and grain property, we visit pristine native vegetation with four declared rare and 38 priority plant species, wildflowers, birds and fauna.
“Hi –Vallee” with some of the most diverse and varied plant species in the world has been described by Dr Stephen Hopper Director of Kew Gardens, as the most valuable native bushland in private ownership.
We have morning tea on the track with Don to show you their amazing and unique remnant kwongan heathland.
After lunch, we visit a major hotspot Lesueur National Park for another treat of biodiversity of flora. Later we follow the coast up to Dongara our overnight stay taking in delightful scenic bays along the way.
Dongara Hotel Motel
Day Two: Coalseam, Mullewa, Pindar Wooleen Station
Today we will see what most people think of when they think Western Australia Wildflowers, delicate expanses of pink, yellow and white everlasting daisies in the Coalseam Conservation Reserve and along isolated roads.
After lunch at Mullewa we set off to Pindar to see the iconic Wreath flowers, Lechenaultia macrantha.
Heading north to Wooleen station we will see masses of various varieties of daisies, Eromophela, and Sturts Desert Pea.
As we are going along we will get out of the vehicle for you to take a closer look at the wildflowers.
Wooleen Station is a remarkable station that has experienced different stewardships and philosophies of grazing sheep and cattle.
Enjoy a Sunset Tour and learn how the Pollock family are now working towards making Wooleen an ecologically sustainable enterprise. We climb a granite rock outcrop to witness the spectacular sunset with drinks and nibbles.
Overnight at Wooleen Station.
B L D
Day Three: Wooleen Station, Kalbarri NP, Pink Hutt Lagoon Geraldton
This morning after breakfast and bid farewell to Frances and David Pollock of Wooleen Station.
We track east on isolated roads through pastoral lease country and view seasonal wildflowers along the way to the Kalbarri National Park.
Kalbarri National Park is highly regarded for its extraordinary seasonal flowers which can start in July and continue to flower late October with pops of colour from local Verticordias and many other local species.
We continue into Kalbarri for Lunch.
We will see stunning coastal gorges and magnificent scenery on our drive south to Geraldton our overnight stay we visit coastal gorge Pot Alley.
This morning we visit Northampton, one of the oldest settlements outside Perth today, classified by the National Trust as a Historic Town.
Visit Hutt Lagoon a vivid pink Salt Lake where beta-carotene is harvested for commercial use. A fascinating sight.
Ocean Centre Hotel Geraldton
We visit HMAS Sydney Memorial; the beautifully designed memorial features a silver dome of 645 seagulls to represent the loss of HMAS Sydney sailors.
Visit St Francis Xavier Cathedral built in stages from 1914 to its eventual opening in 1938. The Byzantine style architecture is one of Monsignor John Hawes’ greatest masterpieces.
Explore the Yamaji Art Centre which is Aboriginal owned and operated and provides professional services to support and develop Aboriginal artists living in the Lower Murchison region of Yamaji Country.
Lunch at Dongara
And follow the coast along to the Pinnacles and then on into Perth.
We drive into the Pinnacles Desert, and along a four-km trail where you will have the unique experience of walking among the fascinating phenomenon of the Pinnacles.
On this Western Australian Pinnacles Day Tour the Pinnacles Desert contains thousands of limestone pillars, resembling an ancient ruin.
In geological terms, the Pinnacles are a modern phenomenon, beginning to form as ‘recently’ as three and a half million years ago, and appearing as they are today between two million and twenty thousand years ago. Astonishing!
$2845.00 per person Double / Twin Share
We have secured only TWO departures which means there are only 8 spots on this amazing tour.
Do not delay in booking!
- Accommodation: Dongara Hotel Motel, Wooleen Station Homestead, Geraldton Ocean Centre Hotel in private ensuite facilities in resorts and motels. At Wooleen Station private rooms with new refurbished shared facilities
- Entry Fees: Nambung National Park ( The Pinnacles Desert), Kalbarri National Park
- Farm Visits: Hi Vallee Farm, Wooleen Station Sunset Tour
- Meals as listed B, L, D. Breakfast is continental/cooked, Lunch is light picnic-style sandwiches, wraps, or other take away from road houses or packed picnic lunches and juice or soft drinks, Dinner ADVISE OF DIETARY NEEDS. WE DO ENDEAVOUR TO CATER FOR ALL NEEDS
- Wooleen Sunset Tour Wine and Beer with small savoury snacks will be served
- Vehicle: Private luxury Land Rover Discovery’s, offering you a personalised bespoke small group tour experience.
- All Alcohol beverages, sundowners, other soft drinks not listed, personal water, snacks. Items of a personal nature. Wooleen Station does have wine and beer available please pay Frances or David for beverages consumed.
- Moderate physical activities are included and a good level of fitness is required.
- Viewing wildflowers on hill slopes, view Natures Window and climb rock formation to watch the sunset.
- All are steady gradients.
- NOTE we do require each participant to be able to get in and out of our vehicles unassisted. To handle their own luggage unassisted.
- Participants must be able to get in and out unaided of small aircraft for scenic are flights which are featured in some of our tours.
- We are unable to cater for walking frames or other walking aides except for walking sticks. ( if you need to have walking aides etc the tour reverts to private tour and fees do apply) .
- Our vehicles do have step boards attached which affords ease of getting in and out of the vehicle unassisted.
Terms and Conditions:
- A minimum of 2 persons required for tours to run
- a non-refundable deposit of $810 per twin share and $875 per single at time of booking
- Outstanding balance is to be paid no less than 60 days prior to the date of departure
- Cancellation fees for Overnight, Extended, Wildflower and
Private Extended Tours will be levied relative to the amount
of notice given and must be received in writing (details
• 60+ days prior to departure date, fee per person – Loss
of Deposit – 25% of total Tour Rate
• 60 – 31 days prior to departure date, fee per person –
75% of total Tour Rate
• 30 days or less prior to departure date, fee per person
– 100% of Tour Rate (no refund)
- SPECIAL COVID CANCELLATION RULES: If the tours need to be cancelled because of regional border being reinstated, the tour deposits will be refunded in full.