Discover the majestic cities of the east and explore the medieval charms and tumultuous history of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. Stops include Warsaw, Krakow, Prague, Cesky Krumlov, Budapest and more. Options to continue and join our Solo Traveller Russia River Cruise are also available.
- Prague: Bewitched by the gargoyles of St. Vitus Cathedral and ghosts of Bohemian Kings, experience a private tour with your Local Expert through the atmospheric courtyards of Prague Castle. Explore the delightful Old Town Square and see the detailed Astronomical Clock that delights onlookers each hour.
- Kraków: The medieval heart of Kraków is rich in legend, a kind of Polish Camelot. Join your Local Expert for an in-depth exploration of this historic Holy Grail. Visit the cathedral atop Wawel Hill and walk past Jagiellonian University, through the Old Town to the town square. See the medieval Cloth Hall and visit the 14th century St. Mary’s Church.
TOP RATED HIGHLIGHTS
- Český Krumlov: Let a Local Expert lead you through a medieval labyrinth of private chambers, courtyards, kitchens and dungeons of the castle, so rich in history. Visit the fairytale castle considered to be the finest in the land.
- Vienna: A private tour with a Local Expert showcases the sheer opulence of Schönbrunn Palace, rich in Rococo and glittering gold, and its spectacular formal gardens.
- Budapest: With a Local Expert, see Matthias Church and gaze out over the Danube to the Hungarian Parliament Building from the Fisherman’s Bastion. Atop Gellért Hill see the Liberty Statue presiding over the city.
- Auschwitz: Join a Holocaust historian and experience a powerful and moving visit to the memorial and museum of Auschwitz and a stop at Birkenau, which bears witness to the terrible atrocities of the Holocaust.
- Częstochowa: Visit the 14th century Monastery of Jasna Góra, famous for the Black Madonna supposedly to have been painted by St. Luke.
- Warsaw: Your Local Expert will show you the city’s highlights. See the Old Town, Royal Castle, Palace of Culture and visit the Chopin Memorial in the Łazienki Park before paying your respects at the Monument to the Ghetto Heroes.
- Berlin: You Local Expert provides a tour of this vibrant city. Drive along the Ku’Damm, passing the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church and through Tiergarten to the Reichstag building. See the Brandenburg Gate, State Opera House and visit Alexanderplatz.
- Budapest: Your Welcome Dinner is a treat of mouthwatering Hungarian specialties, accompanied by specially-selected Hungarian wine, as you dine at the famous and elegant Gundel Restaurant.
- České Budějovice: Tour a local brewery to discover the secrets of how the golden vintage of beer is made, followed by a sampling.
- Český Krumlov: For your Dine-Around Evening, choose your own style of ambience and cuisine from a fine selection of restaurants in the atmospheric centre.
- Vienna: Your Imperial Viennese Celebration Dinner is regal splendour on a plate. Enjoy a delicious three-course dinner with wine and a concert of classical music that pays homage to the genius of Strauss and Mozart.
- Warsaw: Enjoy a demonstration of the traditional techniques of dumpling-making with an expert chef. Then enjoy a hearty Polish Highlight Dinner with a variety of local delicacies and drinks.
- Dining Summary: 13 Buffet Breakfasts (BB) and 6 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
STAY AT THE BEST ADDRESSES
- Budapest: Corinthia Hotel Budapest blends classic hotel opulence with the finest five-star luxury. Located in the heart of the city, its refurbished Royal Spa is simply stunning.
- Cesky Krumlov: The 5-star Hotel Růže is everything you expect in Český Krumlov – centrally located, historic and grand, beautifully restored and renovated with period furnishings and decor.
INCLUDED INSIGHT SERVICES
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Price per person from $4575 pp Twin Share
If you are happy to share then the twin price is guaranteed or you can opt to pay additional $1390 for private accommodation throughout.
If you have time then why not join our Solo Traveller Group on a Russian River Cruise departing 3 August 2019.