This is our second departure for our very special Truffles & Other Hidden Gems this season due to the first one selling out in less than 24 hours.
Are you looking for a more authentic experience for your next holiday? Do you want to meet the locals and know their stories and learn more about the wonderful towns and produce we have in our own backyard here in WA?
Join us for this unique experiential journey in Manjimup and support the local farmers and the local businesses from around town.
Our group numbers are limited to only 12 to ensure a personalised and exclusive experience, in an atmosphere where you are encouraged to participate and meet some of the unique characters of the region. Our aim is to have you depart with a totality experience with an appreciation of the magnificence of your own backyard.
We guarantee that this one will tick all the boxes, just see what our recent guests said about this trip,
Fantastic, go see your own back yard. Jill
I booked this trip for the truffle experience and enjoyed much more than I could ever have imagined. The way the Manjimup people embraced our small tourist group was so special they made us feel like one of them. They were all Peters MATES and the food and wine experiences were amazing – Judith
I never knew I could be so excited – Bettie
Manjimup is a town I’ll no longer, just drive through. Travel With Me provided so many memorable experiences in a few short days. We learnt about the journey of farm to plate, tasted magnificent food and gave local wineries a good workout. I highly recommend this tour if you want to learn more about our beautiful southwest – Lucy
I was very impressed by all the producers, passionate and articulate – Colleen
This is the best trip that I have ever been on, food was excellent, full with education, learning about the produce that is available in that area, the story telling about the families and how they set up the Orchards. Nadine
A great variety and a great learning experience – Graeme
All activities were amazing, hard to pick a favorite – Judith
I feel very lucky to have had this experience and share it with a lovely group of “mates” – June
Apart from the total fabulous experience I was most impressed with the opportunity to see and hear the growers and producers stories about their journey to establishing their businesses. Then sitting down each night to savour the produce prepared and presented by chefs who anywhere else would be awarded a HAT or two.
The food was extraordinary but for me starting at the source was at the top of the list.
The variety of sources was most impressive – Frank
Tours of this type are not easy to find. Small groups are lovely – Barbara
I’d give everything a 5/5, I liked all the activities and I have already recommended the trip to friends – Lucy
I have never experienced anything like this tour it felt so personal Meeting all the Farmers, the Chefs , the wine experts and everyone else Pete our tour guide introduced us to and being drawn into their stories and their passion for what they do All Local Gems of the South West. Tasting all the amazing top quality food and wine ( and there is plenty of both ) was an added bonus . So Thank you Annette for organising this for us and thank you to Pete for taking us on this Magical journey , Thanks Mate – June (I have also booked to do this trip again in 2022)
An exquisite, from the heart, experience with the local caring/giving community who share their history of properties and restaurants and put themselves out there to ensure our experience is top notch. Judy
Loved the locals we met and their enthusiasm to share their stories with us. Hermie
Was so impressed with the town and community of Manjimup. The farmers and everyone we met took time to share their lives with us. Thank you so much. Robyn.
Our Hidden Gems adventure will embody all that is great about this season including:
- Touring through the beautiful forest regions.
- Learn some of the history of the area, visiting some historical sites and gain an appreciation of how multi-cultural components have moulded the region into what we now experience.
- Visiting farms and grasping the agricultural importance of the Region.
- Meet the characters who produce the food. Sample their delicacies and pick some up for your evening meal.
- Meet the chefs who are preparing your exclusive dinners and they will excite you on the use of local produce.
- Visit two different wineries where the owner will tell their story, have you taste their wines and even advise, what they believe, will be your best accompanying wine for your meal.
- Engage all of your senses
- Private coach transfers between Perth City and Manjimup Hotel.
- Hotel transfers in Manjimup
- Multi award winning local guide and long time Manjimup resident, Peter Casonato Click here to see more about Peter
- 4 nights accommodation
- Daily Breakfast
- Welcome Dinner at Cabernet Restaurant (well known for local produce – Farm to Fork approach)
- Exclusive lunch with Chef Raj Click here to see more about Chef Raj
- Exclusive lunch with Chef Deb
- Truffle hunt with expert Trufflers, Molly, Gidgee and Max
- 2 local winery tastings
- Exclusive 5 course Truffle dining experience with Chef Joe Ditri Click here to see more about Chef Joe Ditri
- Entry into the State Timber Museum and the very interactive Power Up Museum
- Wine tasting card at Tall Timbers
- Tapas and Truffle Pizza dinner at Tall Timbers
- A very unique dinner by the Peos family, farmers and winemakers in Manjimup for more than 90 years. Click here to learn about the Peos family
- Based on departure 27 June 2022
- Subject to minimum of 10 and maximum of 12 participants
- Deposit of $200 is required within 7 days of confirmation
- Final payment is due 10 May 2022
- Subject to availability and subject to change without notice
- Cancellation and Amendment fees will apply and can be up to 100%
- Please ask your Travel with Me consultant for a competitive Travel Insurance quote
Please note that this tour involves walking across some farmland which will be a mixture of terrains and will vary dependant on weather conditions. Clients must be able to get on/off the bus unaided, manage own luggage and occasionally be able to stand up for up to 30 minutes at a time.
Prices from $2535 pp Twin Share and from $2675 SOLO
ALL MONIES WILL BE REFUNDED IF OUR REGIONAL BORDERS CLOSE DUE TO COVID-19 PRIOR TO DEPARTURE