We are very excited to present our second in a series of Experiential Journeys in the Southern Forests Region. If you have already experienced our first one (Truffles & Other Hidden Gems) then you already know you are in for something truly special.
Once again we have arranged private coach transfers from Perth down to Manjimup, where we will be basing ourselves for the 5 days, and that’s where the similarities end, other than using our favorite chefs showcasing their talents for the new season. This new Spring Blossoms will uncover new hidden gems in this region, demonstrating the diversity and the quality of the produce in the Southern Forests. Meet the producers, hear their stories and understand the passion for what they produce.
This time of the year is especially beautiful, not only with the incredible wildflowers, but as a major fruit growing area, we can expect to see some flowering blossom trees like cherry plums, pears, cherries, flowering peaches and more. If you thought Manjimup and the Southern Forests was stunning before, just wait until you see it in Spring Time!
Special highlights for our Spring Blossoms include a unique cheese making experience and a very exclusive Donnelly River Cruise.
Our Hidden Gems adventure will embody all that is great about this season including:
- Touring through the beautiful forest regions where the wildflowers add that extra special color pop and aroma.
- Visiting farms and grasping the agricultural importance of the Region.
- Meet the characters who produce the food. Sample their delicacies and pick some up for your evening meal.
- Meet the chefs who are preparing your exclusive dinners and they will excite you on the use of local produce.
- A private cruise with Peter Casonato along the Donnelly River and down to the majestic Southern Ocean.
- Spending time with a very talented cheese maker who will show you how to match the cheeses to the stunning Southern Forests wine.
- Engage all of your senses.
Here is what some of our guests have said of their previous Hidden Gems Experience,
I would highly recommend this trip, It was all very interesting and everything was top class, the food was amazing! Robyn
No trouble was spared to make this holiday really enjoyable and memorable. Michelle
Everyone deserves to see where their produce comes from and how vibrant our country towns are. Steve
There is nothing else like it, the personal introduction with the locals and shared knowledge of farming techniques are not available anywhere else. Judy
Loved the different excursions, not your usual tourist attractions in the area. Jill
Loved the locals we met and their enthusiasm to share their stories with us. Hermie
- Private coach transfers between Perth City and Manjimup Hotel.
- Multi award winning local guide and long time Manjimup resident, Peter Casonato Click here to see more about Peter
- 4 nights accommodation
- Daily Breakfast
- Welcome Dinner at Cabernet Restaurant (well known for local produce – Farm to Fork approach, and very popular with the locals)
- A white table, long lunch in the orchard under the Blossom Trees with Chef Raj providing a spectacular dining experience you will never forget. Click here to see more about Chef Raj
- Cheese making and wine matching class with one of the only qualified Cheese AND Wine Makers in the country
- Exclusive tour through Banister Downs Dairy
- A guided wildflower and art walk through Understory Art & Nature walk.
- A private Donnelly River Cruise with Sunset BBQ on the river and a fresh marron starter
- Exclusive winery tastings
- A pizza night at the home of one of our favorite local families, the Peos family – farmers and winemakers in Manjimup for more than 90 years. Click here to learn about the Peos family
- Exclusive 5 course dining experience featuring the seasonal produce that we will be learning about with Chef Joe Ditri Click here to see more about Chef Joe Ditri
- Based on departure 14 November 2022
- Subject to minimum of 10 and maximum of 14 participants
- Deposit of $200 is required within 7 days of confirmation
- Final payment is due 45 Days prior to departure
- Subject to availability and subject to change without notice
- Cancellation and Amendment fees will apply and can be up to 100%
- Please ask your Travel with Me consultant for a competitive Travel Insurance quote
Please note that this tour involves walking across some farmland which will be a mixture of terrains and will vary dependant on weather conditions. Clients must be able to get on/off the bus unaided, manage own luggage and occasionally be able to stand up for up to 30 minutes at a time.
Prices from $2598 pp Twin Share and from $2748 SOLO
ALL MONIES WILL BE REFUNDED IF OUR REGIONAL BORDERS CLOSE DUE TO COVID-19 PRIOR TO DEPARTURE