After two very successful Flavour Gems in 2022 we wanted to get our Summer Gems version out as soon as possible for 2023, so we can showcase all of our Trilogy of Gems. We have our Flavours & Gems of the Southern Forests (Summer), Truffles & Other Hidden Gems in the Southern Forests (Winter) and Spring Gems in the Southern Forests (hmmm….. Spring). In the same style as all our Gems, you will get to meet the locals who farm the land, the grape growers and wine makers who make some incredible wines (and Gins). You will hear their stories and understand their passion, you will visit their homes, walk their farms and enjoy their wonderful fresh produce, ultimately walking away with a deep understanding and admiration of this gorgeous and rich region of the world.
We have included many new experiences in our latest, Flavours & Gems of the Southern Forests and of course some exclusive and private dinners with the well known local chefs. Get ready for an explosion of flavour with the fresh summer produce and world class wines & gins. Get ready to feel connected to this awesome community in the Southern Forests where you will definitely want to return.
Here are some comments from guests who joined us on our previous Flavours & Gems of the Southern Forests.
I used to travel with the big name companies. Too many people, impersonal, huge fees for travelling solo. So glad I discovered Travel with Me. These journeys are experiences in reconnecting with WA. The people, primary producers, fresh produce, hands on – LOVE IT – Lucy
This was one of the best WA tours I have ever done as I saw so much and learnt so much about our food. This was my first Gems and it will not be my last as I have already booked for next Spring Gems – Sue
It has been so amazing, I loved all of it. The food was spectacular and the people who have given us all of this have been brilliant – Bruna
Listening to Peter – his knowledge and information & obvious love and respect for the people and places around Manjimup is amazing. Very informative and interesting – Steve
Loved visiting the growers and hearing their stories. A whole new insight to what we eat. How will this affect the food shopping now? Let’s wait and see – Carolyn
Thanks once again to Annette and Peter for organising and escorting us on this wonderful Gems tour. This Flavours & Gems of the Southern Forests tour name superbly describes our experiences – Denise
As usual, Annette and Peter were excellent hosts and guides and we were introduced to experiences that we would not have had if we had been doing the trip ourselves – John
- Fully escorted by Travel with Me Director, Annette Porter
- Private coach transfers between Mandurah Station and Manjimup accommodation.
- Multi award winning local guide, Peter Casonato
- 4 nights’ accommodation at Manjimup Motor Inn in newly renovated rooms
- Daily Breakfast/ 4 Dinners / 3 Lunches
- Welcome Dinner at a local restaurant with welcome drink
- Lunch and wine tasting at Ampersand Estates
- Special cocktail with a Gin and Vodka tasting at Ampersand Estates
- A unique Donnelly River Cruise including Sunset BBQ with local Marron entrée
- A private dinner at Fontes Pool, featuring seafood and Abalone
- Wine tasting and food matching with Mark Aitken of Woodgate Wines
- Workshop at Dingup House featuring amazing Heirloom tomatoes Inc Lunch
- Visit Southern Forests Fungi
- Farm Tours as specified
- Feature farewell dinner at Two Little Blackbirds and Joe Ditri using the flavours of the Southern Forests
- More hidden gems included.
- Based on departure 27 Feb 2023
- Subject to minimum numbers of 10 and max of 14
- Deposit of $200 due within 7 days of confirmation
- Final payment due 45 days prior to departure
- Itinerary and pricing are subject to availability and subject to change without notice
- Cancellation and Amendment fees will apply and can be up to 100%
- Please ask your Travel with Me consultant for a competitive Travel Insurance quote
Please remember that we are visiting working farms and not tourist sites, therefore itinerary changes may occur due to their work commitments.
Please note that this tour involves walking across some farmland which will be a mixture of terrains and will vary dependent on weather conditions. Clients must be able to get on/off the bus unaided, manage own luggage and occasionally be able to stand up for up to 30 minutes at a time.
Price from $2845 pp Twin Share and from $3065 Solo
Check out our other Gems Experiential Journeys…..