The Great Pyramids of Giza and ancient temples, tombs and treasures that line the vast River Nile have been attracting visitors to Egypt for over 4,000 years. Everyone from the ancient Greeks to Barack Obama have come to stand in awe beside the last remaining Wonder of the Ancient World. Although the pyramids have come to symbolise this exotic destination, they’re just a small portion of what this timeless land has to offer. Insight Vacations
With such an increase in popularity recently, we have decided to add Egypt to our collection of Solo Traveller Groups with Insight Vacations. The 9 Day
Wonders of Egypt includes a combination of land and cruise so you get to see the very best of Egypt. You don’t need to pay any solo supplements with Insight Vacations if you are happy to share however, if you do prefer your own room, then you can opt to pay the extra.
- Giza: With your Egyptologist, meet the enigmatic Sphinx and venture deep inside one of the pyramids, to the chambers where the pharaohs went to meet their Gods in the afterlife.
- Karnak: Stand amid a vast forest of columns in the largest temple complex known to man, as your Egyptologist explains the significance behind it.
- West Bank: Embark on an experience with an Egyptologist to visit the Temple Hatshepsut and royal tombs in the Valley of the Kings.
TOP RATED HIGHLIGHTS
- Cairo: Guided by your Local Expert, gaze upon the most recognisable symbols of ancient Egypt: the full-faced funeral mask, gold coffin, gilded throne and precious jewellery – Tutankhamun’s treasures.
- Giza: If only these walls could talk! Oh, but they do at the audio visual Sound & Light Show at the Great Pyramids.
- Kom Ombo: Visit the unique temple as it is the only double temple in Egypt.
- Philae Island: Travel by motorboat to Philae Island and witness the majestic Temple of Isis rising from the waters.
- Aswan: On a traditional Nile felucca, meet a sailor and learn the art of sailing this ancient Nile craft.
- Luxor: Visit a working bakery and witness the local artisans making authentic Egyptian bread.
- Nile Cruise: Dress in traditional attire and join the fun at an Egyptian dinner and galabeya party.
- Aswan: In true tradition, just like Winston Churchill and Agatha Christie before you, enjoy high tea in true colonial English-style at Aswan’s famous Old Cataract Hotel, as the sun begins to set.
- Dining Summary: 8 Breakfasts (BB), 4 Lunches (L), 1 Afternoon Tea (AT) and 4 Dinners (D), all with bottled water plus tea or coffee.
INCLUDED INSIGHT SERVICES
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director and certified Egyptologist will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned coach with onboard washroom. Alternate vehicles without onboard washroom may be used on occasion.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- 4 night Nile cruise aboard your mid-size cruise ship featuring air-conditioned cabins with private facilities, on either MS Medea, MS Miriam, MS Giselle, MS La Boheme or similar.
- lease note that gratuities are not included for the Travel Director, Nile Cruise staff, Drivers and Airport Escorts.
- Included economy class flights between Cairo/Luxor and Aswan/Cairo with transfers between airports and hotels.
- Complimentary transfers from/to Cairo Airport are available on arrival and departure days, or with additional accommodation booked through Insight Vacations.
Price from $3675 pp Twin Share
If you are happy to share then the twin price is guaranteed or you can opt to pay additional $800 for private accommodation throughout.
***Preview price only valid if booked prior to the new brochure being released in September***
Do you have more time in Europe? Why not extend and join Travel with Me Director, Annette Porter, on board a yacht for some Greek Island Cruising?