Another amazing Insight Vacations itinerary. This 18 day journey will take you to all the best parts of Spain and Portugal in style. No compulsory single supplements, if you are happy to share then you do not have to pay any supplements, even if they cannot match you on the tour!
Delve beneath the surface of these two amazing countries, sample their signature dishes, share in their culture, and marvel the legacy of their rich sea-faring history.
Our Solo Traveller list has started for this departure so get on the list and be first to receive the earlybird air deals when they are released.
Price from $5595 pp twin share or $7395 SOLO
Early payment discount (10% discount if pay in full by 13 December 2017)
Limited places only at this price, once sold price will update to current pricing of
$6195 pp Twin Share and $8025 SOLO
Must pay in full by 13 December to recieve early payment discount
- Toledo: At a Damascene workshop, meet a master craftsman for a personal insight into this ancient craft.
- Toledo: With a Local Expert, visit the Church of Santo Tomé and see El Greco’s masterpiece.
- Granada: Join a Local Expert at the Alhambra Palace, the ultimate in Muslim architecture, an arabesque fantasy in stone, complemented by the glorious Generalife gardens.
- Seville: Step inside the cathedral, past the altarpiece, dripping with gold, to the Tomb of Columbus, held aloft by four kings.
- Lisbon: Visit Jeronimos Monastery with its beautiful Manueline architecture.
- Fatima: Join the faithful at one of the world’s holiest sites and pay homage at the Chapel of the Apparitions.
- Madrid: Witness the world’s finest collection of Spanish paintings, plus an impressive foreign collection, as you tour the Prado Museum with an art historian.
- Santiago de Compostela: The Romanesque interior of the cathedral is magnificent. Let a Local Expert take you through the Gateway of Glory to witness the final stage of one of the world’s most ancient pilgrimages.
- Oviedo: See 1,000-year-old wall paintings in some of Europe’s oldest churches and relax in a cider house with a glass of Asturia’s famous ‘Sidra’. Watch the waiters demonstrate the art of Cider pouring.
- Santillana del Mar: Step back in time at this perfectly preserved and ‘most beautiful village in Spain.’
- Barcelona: Visit inside Gaudi’s extraordinary masterpiece, the Sagrada Familia Basilica.
ADDITIONAL INCLUDED HIGHLIGHTS
- Seville: Enjoy a walking tour through the pretty squares and narrow lanes of the Santa Cruz Quarter. Emerge by the walls of the Alcazar.
- Algarve: Drive along this sun drenched coast.
- Lisbon: Tour the spacious avenues and elegant squares. See the Monument to the Discoveries and the ancient Belem Tower.
- Salamanca: See the Plaza Mayor and Puente Romano.
- Ávila: Walk within the ancient walls of this unique town.
- Madrid: Your guided tour shows you the statue of Don Quixote in the Plaza de España, Royal Palace, Gran Via, Cibeles Fountain and Puerta del Sol.
- Madrid: Your guided tour shows you the statue of Don Quixote in the Plaza de España, Royal Palace, Gran Via, Cibeles Fountain, Parliament and Puerta del Sol.
- Santiago de Compostela: Join a guided tour of the old town.
- Costa Verde: Experience the coastal vistas of Asturias.
- Covadonga: Visit the shrine to Pelayo.
- Bilbao: See the spectacular modern Guggenheim Museum.
- Zumaia: See the rock known as El Ratón (the mouse).
- San Sebastian: Enjoy a guided walking tour of the Old Quarter including Plaza de la Constitucion. Ascend Monte Igueldo for views of the town and La Concha Bay.
- Pamplona: Visit the city of the running of the bulls.
- Barcelona: Enjoy a walking tour through the old lanes and squares of the Gothic Quarter. Drive down the elegant Passeig de Gràcia to witness some of the finest Modernist architecture. Stand in awe beside Gaudi’s incredible Sagrada Famila.
- Scenic Drives: Costa Verda, Picos de Europa, Costa Vasca, Costa de Cantabria, Rioja wine–region.
AUTHENTIC REGIONAL FLAVOURS
- Seville: Tables are reserved for dinner, drinks and a fiery evening of Spanish dance and music. Get ready for throbbing guitars, lamenting solos, colourful dancers and the rhythmic stomp of flamenco.
- Jabugo: In a small village dotted with chestnut trees and holm oaks, experience the lingering aroma and incomparable taste of pure Iberian ham.
- Lisbon: Enjoy a tasting of the famous ‘Pasteis de Belem’ – a Portuguese delicacy.
- Madrid: Toast the culmination of your tour at a fabulous Celebration Dinner with wine, at a local restaurant.
- Rueda: Some of Spain’s finest wines hail from the Rueda region. During your tasting, learn about the Verdejo grape and what to look for in a fresh white.
- Barcelona: Your Celebration Dinner with wine, at a typical Catalan restaurant, incorporates classic cooking with the freshest produce.
- 17 Buffet Breakfasts (BB); plus 1 Welcome Dinner (WD), 3 three-course table d’hôte Dinner (DW), 1 Signature Evening (SE) and 2 Celebration Dinners (CD) all with wine, plus tea or coffee.
STAY AT THE BEST ADDRESSES
- Granada: The 4-star Vincci Albayzin is located in the centre of Granada and is typically Andalusian in style. It boasts a magnificent enclosed patio that bathes its rooms in natural light. Guests can enjoy the modern facilities, including a gym, steam room and dry sauna.
- Salamanca: The Hotel Alameda Palace is an exclusive and cozy 5-star hotel in a city that is a World Heritage Site.
- Santiago de Compostela: The NH Collection delivers modern luxury in a timeless setting, just minutes from the historic Plaza del Obradoiro.
- Oviedo: The Barceló Oviedo Cervantes is situated in the heart of Oviedo, 10 minutes from the Old Town and Cathedral. This striking and stylish designer hotel is restored from an early 20th century mansion.
- Oviedo: The NH Oviedo Principado hotel could not be better placed for getting to know Oviedo. Set opposite the historic university building, it’s just minutes away from the Medieval old town with its cathedral and cafe-lined Plaza del Fontan.
- Santander: The luxury 5-star Eurostars Real is at the heart and soul of Santander, a hallmark of excellence and prestige, facing the Playa de los Peligros beach.
- Santander: The Bahia Hotel is located in the heart of Santander, surrounded by landmarks like the Cathedral of Santander and Porticada Square.
ADDITIONAL FIVE STAR SERVICES
- An expert Insight Tour Director, at the pinnacle of their career, will guide you on your journey. Serving as your ‘travelling concierge’, this skilled guide will act as consummate organiser and be your ‘friend in a foreign land’.
- Enjoy the unique comfort of Insight’s luxury air-conditioned 40 seat coach with extended leg room and on-board restroom. It’s business class comfort.
- A personal radio headset gives you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating insights and commentaries.
- Baggage handling everywhere, with seamless and prompt delivery to your door at every hotel.
- Hotel and restaurant tips included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. Plus we include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi.
- Insight Flourishes – from time to time, your Tour Director will enchant you with local tidbits, each representing authentic food or beverages unique to the destination.
- Included airport transfers at scheduled times on arrival and departure days.