A kaleidoscopic adventure that takes you from some of Europe’s most cosmopolitan cities, to an exotic and vivid land of medinas and minarets.
We have arranged several Solo groups for Spain and Portugal over the years so this time we thought we might include Morocco! This 17 Day Journey not only shows the highlights of these three countries but includes some fabulous experiences as well. We have 16 places held on this departure for our Solo Travellers so if you are keen to book you must do so before the new brochure, and official pricing are released in September, as the prices will increase.
- Marrakesh: Your Local Expert guides you past Jemaa el-Fnaa Square with its intriguing characters and through the seemingly entangled streets of the Medina with its many souks. See the protruding Koutoubia Minaret.
- Gibraltar: With your Local Expert tour the Rock of Gibraltar, one of the pillars of Hercules, affording magnificent views and see the meeting of the Atlantic, the Mediterranean and the Spanish Sierra. Visit St. Michael’s Cave and see the Barbary Apes, guardians of the colony.
- Granada: Best interpreted with help of a Local Expert, the Alhambra Palace is the ultimate in Muslim architecture – an arabesque fantasy in stone, complemented by the rich, scented gardens of the Generalife.
- Madrid: From El Greco to Goya, an expert art historian reveals the crowning achievements of Spanish painting in the magnificent Prado Museum.
- Fes: Led by your Local Expert, wander the maze of streets that make up the ancient Medina. Pass one of the world’s oldest university’s and see the hidden courtyards, mosques and workshop and continue through the bazaar, an array of vendors selling food, clothes, leather goods and beautiful lights.
TOP RATED HIGHLIGHTS
- Madrid: See the sights of the city with your Local Expert, including the Gran Vía, the Cibeles Fountain on the wide Paseo de la Castellana, Puerta del Sol and the monument to Cervantes in the Plaza de España.
- Salamanca: See the golden stone buildings and handsome arcades of Plaza Mayor for which this city is famous for.
- Fátima: Join the faithful at one of the world’s holiest sites and pay homage at the Chapel of the Apparitions.
- Lisbon: Explore with your Local Expert, from the Lower Town, beneath the hilltop Bairro Alto to the Terreiro do Paco. Visit the Belém Quarter to see the Monument to the Discoveries and the ancient Belém Tower.
- Lisbon: Visit the Jerónimos Monastery with its beautiful Manueline architecture, reflecting Portugal’s trade over the centuries and UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Seville: Guided by your Local Expert, see the Giralda Tower, former minaret of the Great Mosque and now the cathedral’s belltower. Explore the narrow streets of the Santa Cruz Quarter and emerge by the great walls of the Alcazar.
- Seville: Step inside the massive Seville Cathedral and pass the gilded altar to view the Tomb of Columbus, held aloft by four kings.
- Gibraltar: Cross from Europe to Africa as board your ferry to cruise across the Straits of Gibraltar.
- Fes: Learn about the traditional craft of carpet making, gaining an insight to the designs the and the difference in materials.
- Marrakesh: Built around a lovely inner-garden, explore the Bahia Palace with a Local Expert and see glimpses of a Moroccan kingdom’s former opulence.
- Casablanca: Explore this coastal city, made famous the classic film. Your Local Expert will show you the largest mosque in the country, Hassan II Mosque and the Corniche, lined with trendy restaurants and cafes.
- Rabat: Led by your Local Expert, see the Royal Palace and Hassan Tower.
- Tangier: Your Local Expert will show you the sights of Morocco’s great port. See the Sultan’s Palace and visit the Casbah.
- Tangier: Cruise back to Europe on your return ferry.
- Alfarnatejo: Visit the beautiful, quiet town and walk the town centre to see the 18th century Iglesia del Santo Cristo de Cabrilla.
- Mijas: Journey to this white-washed village and stroll the streets to admire the coastal views.
- Scenic Drives: Take in the ever changing scenery of south-west Europe and northern Africa as you pass the Estrela Mountains, the Middle Atlas Mountains, the High Atlas Mountains, and continue along Costa del Sol, through the Provence of Malaga, across Sierra Nevada and the La Mancha region.
- Torremolinos: Hear the stories of local life as you are invited into the home of a local family to join them for a freshly prepared, traditional lunch, with wine.
- Torremolinos: Taste a selection of freshly pressed olive oils with locally made farmer bread when you stop at Almazara, the oldest olive grove in the region.
- Madrid: With good food and wine, toast the culmination of your travels during a fabulous Celebration Dinner.
- Lisbon: Delight in a taste of the famous Portuguese delicacy, Pastéis de Belém.
- Seville: During your dinner with wine and beyond your dimly-lit table, the stage suddenly erupts with the unmistakable singing, clapping and throbbing guitars of flamenco.
- Dining Summary: 16 Buffet Breakfasts (BB), 1 Lunch with Wine (LW), 4 Dinners (D) and 3 Dinners with Wine (CD) all tea or coffee.
INCLUDED INSIGHT SERVICES
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Price from $5650 pp Twin Share
** Early payment discount of 10% to apply if booked by 10 September and paid in full prior to 31 Jan**
If you are happy to share then the twin price is guaranteed or you can opt to pay additional $1530 for private accommodation throughout.
***Preview price only valid if booked prior to the new brochure being released in September***