Back due to popular demand we are once again reserving places for our Solo Travellers in 2018 on the Grand Tour of Scandinavia. Our first allocation for 2017 sold out in record time so if you don’t want to miss our departure in 2018 then get your name on our expression of interest list now and you will receive priority to book once the earlybirds are released later this year.
We expect similar amazing earlybird deals for 2018 so get in early and secure your place. Our Pre Registration List is almost full for this departure so be quick for the Grand Tour of Scandinavia.
Sail the Baltic Sea, crossing rolling tundra and glassy fjords on your search for the midnight sun, all the while enjoying the local culture, history and striking scenery
Must pay in full by 13 December to receive early payment discount
Price from only $7495 p/p Twin Share or from $9235 SOLO
Early payment discount (10% discount if pay in full by 12 December 2017)
(if you are willing to share then you only need to pay the twin price)
Must pay in full by 13 December to recieve early payment discount
SIGNATURE EXPERIENCES AND DINING
- Copenhagen: Make the most of the long summer nights at Tivoli Gardens, the famous entertainment park.
- Copenhagen: With a Local Expert witness the regal interior of Christiansborg Palace, with its stunning tapestries, furnishings and decor.
- Stockholm: With a Local Expert, step inside the City Hall where the fabulous Gold Room is covered by 25 million gilded mosaic tiles.
- Karasjok: Visit the museum devoted to Sami history and culture offering a glimpse into the old Sami lifestyle.
- Alta: At a working husky farm, meet the huskies and share in the challenges of competing in marathon Arctic dog sleigh races.
- Geiranger: Cruise along the deep, blue waters of majestic Geirangerfjord, surrounded by snow-covered mountains, gushing waterfalls and lush green vegetation.
- Oslo: Stand beneath the scrolled prows and handcut hulls of 9th century ships that carried Viking nobles to the afterlife and learn about their traditions and culture.
- Rovaniemi: With a Local Expert, visit the church and see Town Hall.
ADDITIONAL INCLUDED HIGHLIGHTS
- Copenhagen: See the Little Mermaid, Stock Exchange, the Rosenborg Castle and Amalienborg Palace.
- Stockholm: Walk through the Old Town and see the cathedral and Royal Palace.
- Helsinki: Visit the ‘Church in the Rock’, Sibelius Monument and see the Finlandia Hall.
- Kuopio: Ascend the viewing Tower for spectacular views.
- Rovaniemi: See Alvar Aalto’s Town Hall and visit the Cathedral. Visit the Santa Claus Village and receive an Arctic Circle certificate
- Sodankylä: Visit one of Lappland’s oldest churches.
- Karasjok: See the Sami Parliament.
- Mosjoen: See the street of historic, 19th century wooden buildings
- Hell: Tell all your friends you’ve been there!
- Trondheim: See the Market Square with its statue of Olav Tryggvason, the Nidaros Cathedral, the Tyholt tower and Old Town Bridge.
- Lom: See the 12C Stave Church.
- Oslo: See the impressive Akershus Castle and Royal Palace. Visit the controversial Vigeland sculptures in Frogner Park.
- Scenic Drives: Peer Gynt Valley, Rago National Park and Norwegian Fjordland.
AUTHENTIC REGIONAL FLAVOURS
- Alta: Enjoy a fabulous barbecue dinner.
- North Cape: Join an included experience to see something that doesn’t happen – sunset! Even at midnight, the fiery orb clings to the horizon. A unique experience accompanied by champagne and caviar to make it even more special.
- Oslo: Scandinavian hospitality is matched with fine food and a glass of wine at your Celebration Dinner.
- 19 Buffet Breakfasts (BB), 8 three-course table d’hôte Dinner or Buffets, plus tea or coffee (D); plus 1 Welcome Dinner (WD), 1 Signature Evening (SE) and 1 Celebration Dinner (CD) with wine, plus tea or coffee.
STAY AT THE BEST ADDRESSES
- Stockholm: The classy Hilton Slussen is conveniently located within walking distance of the historic Old Town.
- Cruising: Enjoy the additional comfort of A-Class cabins on-board your overnight cruise from Stockhom to Helsinki.
- Mosjøen: The traditional Fru Haugans Hotel is in a picturesque location. It offers all the comforts of a modern hotel and is characterised by excellent personal service.
- Geiranger: For a scenic location, you won’t find better than the Union. Enjoy upgraded rooms set against a fabulous backdrop of breathtaking fjord scenery and mountains.
- Helsinki: Glo Hotel Art is a charming hotel, built around a century-old Art Nouveau castle it is in the centre of Helsinki surrounded by the vivid Design District.
ADDITIONAL FIVE STAR SERVICES
- An expert Insight Tour Director, at the pinnacles of their careers, will smooth your way throughout your journey. They are your ‘travelling concierges’, expert guides, consummate organisers and friends in a foreign land.
- Enjoy the unique comfort of Insight’s luxury air-conditioned 40 seat coach with extended leg room and on-board restroom. It’s business class comfort.
- Personal radio headsets, gives you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights without missing any of your local expert’s fascinating insights and commentaries.
- Baggage handling everywhere, with seamless and prompt delivery to your door at every hotel.
- Hotel and restaurant tips included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. Plus we include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel WiFi.
- Insight Flourishes – from time to time, your Tour Director will enchant you with local tidbits, each representing authentic food or beverages unique to the destination.
- Included airport transfers at scheduled times on arrival and departure days.
- Cruise in A-Class cabins with sea views and flat screen TV.
Extend with Norway in a Nutshell
Don’t miss the opportunity to experience one of the worlds most scenic railways, Flam Railway.
This 3 night package is the perfect way to finish this spectacular journey
- Rail journey from Oslo to Myrdal
- Flam Railway
- Ferry from Flam to Gudvangen through the Naeroy Fjord
- Bus to Voss – more incredible scenery
- Overnight Voss at Fleischers Hotel inc Dinner and Breakfast
- Train to Bergen
- 2 nights Bergen including Breakfast
- Porterage from Oslo to Bergen
Due to limited hotel availability, the group may not all be in the same hotels
Price from $1077 pp Twin Share
Price from $1296 SOLO